Friday 2 May 2014

Smelly Tart

A few people have asked for the recipe for my Stilton and Garlic mushroom tart which I just made up, through various social media channels. Although, it's very easy to do it's probably best to put it here and share the link rather than clogging up peoples feed.

As I am almost always cooking for one or two, I always use shop bought pastry, I can make pastry however, it is an absolute ball-ache to do after work for a tart for two.

I buy ready rolled, chilled, fresh, puff pastry.

Recipe

Prep: 10 mins Cooking: 20-25mins

  • Cut your pastry to desired size and turn up the edges.
  • Cover with a thin layer of soft cheese (I used Laughing cow Emmental for this particular recipe) Also, a smattering of cracked black pepper.
  • Meanwhile cut some mushrooms up (I used buttons here as they were in the fridge, but I reckon Chestnut mushrooms would be even better) and finely dice a garlic clove. 
  • Put the mushrooms and garlic in a bowl, drizzle with a good glug of olive oil, salt & black pepper and stir to coat.
  • Microwave for two mins. (works even better baked in a ramekin in the oven for 15 mins, but here time was of the essence)
  • Spoon the mushrooms over the cheese topped pastry and then top generously with finely chopped, good quality Stilton. 
  • Bake in the oven for 20-25mins at 200 degrees.
  • Enjoy with some fresh steamed veg, pickled beets and roast pots.





No comments:

Post a Comment