As I am almost always cooking for one or two, I always use shop bought pastry, I can make pastry however, it is an absolute ball-ache to do after work for a tart for two.
I buy ready rolled, chilled, fresh, puff pastry.
Prep: 10 mins Cooking: 20-25mins
- Cut your pastry to desired size and turn up the edges.
- Cover with a thin layer of soft cheese (I used Laughing cow Emmental for this particular recipe) Also, a smattering of cracked black pepper.
- Meanwhile cut some mushrooms up (I used buttons here as they were in the fridge, but I reckon Chestnut mushrooms would be even better) and finely dice a garlic clove.
- Put the mushrooms and garlic in a bowl, drizzle with a good glug of olive oil, salt & black pepper and stir to coat.
- Microwave for two mins. (works even better baked in a ramekin in the oven for 15 mins, but here time was of the essence)
- Spoon the mushrooms over the cheese topped pastry and then top generously with finely chopped, good quality Stilton.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25mins at 200 degrees.
- Enjoy with some fresh steamed veg, pickled beets and roast pots.