Monday 24 February 2014

A very long engagement


Current Watching: A Very Long Engagement. A Lighthouse, a Tuba, Audrey Tautou and Marion Cotillard in the same movie, too much... People absolutely loved Amelie, but this got slightly overlooked in my opinion re-watched it recently and absolutely loved it.


Current listening - Songs Ohia - Magnolia Electric Co. I recently bought this 10 year anniversary edition on double vinyl. It really is a thing of beauty the artwork is incredible! I bloody love Jason Molina's work and he will be sadly missed : ( RIP

Eating: Went to Jamie's Italian for the first time the other night very disappointed on the whole, lack of veggie options, tiny portions, lack of description of dish on menu, I hate places where you pay for a main and that is just the main component of the dish and is you want anything else you have to pay extra. What I did eat was very nice but I left hungry to be honest. I had honeycomb of Cannelloni, Spinach & Ricotta, Butternut Squash and Aubergine. If you have the choice go to Cafe Citta or Giuliano's Barry for a more authentic experience.

At Home I'm having a cut down, so I have been making homemade soup once or twice a week at least. Here are my top three for the month: 

1) Sweetcorn & Pepper Chowder, 
2) Butternut Squash & Cumin topped with Squash skin Crisps, 
3) Leek & Potato with fresh cream and cracked black pepper.

Will do a follow-up post with recipes and step by step photos when I make soup this week...

Remember the first rule of "Soup Club" is... 

No comments:

Post a Comment